Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Goals


What do you need to work on? Why are you here? What's the GOAL? What do you want to be your goal and what should your goal be? Lot's to think about here. Yes, everyone does the same workout every day, and my programming is designed to work on the weakness of who I am expecting that day, but you all have time before and after your workout most days. What should you be practicing? Robyn. You want a pull up for your significant birthday. Let's work on those!

Anyone want to lose weight/fat? Let's talk about what you are eating and add some walking/running/biking/rowing to your weekly workouts.


I love setting goals for things I know I can do. Row a million meters? No problem. Row a marathon? No problem. Run 3 5K's with a snarky back? No problem. 100 man makers or 200 burpees human sacrifice to the football gods? No problem.


A 2 wheel deadlift and BW bench? I find a million excuses to not train. What's up with that? Strength training is hard for me, and that is exactly why I should be focusing on it.


Kudos to Karen for setting a goal for something she didn't really want to do (run a 5k, and by the way she ran 3 of them).


Yes. Regular training without a purpose is way better than not training at all, but training with a goal is so superior to just throwing some sweat at the iron.


What do you want to accomplish? Talk to me. And ask me how those DL's and benches are going. Accountability is sweet.

1 comment:

JP said...

My goals...

Survive the bills season
15 bodyweight OHS
stop watching holmes on homes
eat clean
stay ahead of Chase