Saturday, February 27, 2010

Get ready for more stretching

Ok....I've never been a big fan of stretching....always boring and painful in my opinion....turns out I was doing it wrong.

Attended a CrossFit Movement and Mobility seminar today in NYC and have been completely convinced that I need to add more stretching and mobilty drills to our programming. The presenter, Kelley Starrett of CrossFit San Francisco was an excellent presenter, knowledgeable and interesting. I learned some simple techniques to loosen (especially us slightly older folks) us up and keep our joints healthy.

I also got to visit CrossFit NYC which I have wanted to do for a long time and got to see Keith from CrossFit Virtuosity, Clea from CrossFit Ithaca, Dave from CrossFit South Brooklyn, and Steve and Greg Lobotsky from Hudson Valley CrossFit as well as several Facebook friends. Had a blast navigating the subways to stay with my wonderful niece Katherine, and generally had a very nice time. NYC is a very fun place to visit. Maybe we should arrange a CrossFit NYC field trip!

No comments: