Sunday, December 11, 2011

2 weeks til Christmas! Sunday musings.

If you are on FB, "like" this page. Every day they post an interesting article on fitness.

If you like to cook, make sure this blog is on your favorites! The recipes are fantastic, the writing is clever, and the pictures are gorgeous!

I think that eating should be a pleasurable experience, a celebration, rather than a mindless shove food down your piehole. Consider the concept of regret:

When I look back on my almost 50 years, I do not regret any time I spent exercising, and I do not regret any time I spent preparing and consuming delicious and nutritious food. Cooking and baking is almost an artistic outlet for me. I turned on my oven at 9:45 this morning and I just turned it off. My family enjoyed the wonderful aromas all day. And all of my Holiday baking is done!
I do regret every ho-ho, frozen pizza and McMeal I've eaten. Those were a waste of my time. I regret all the mindless snacking on stuff that didn't even taste good.
We are all busy, but you will never regret the time you spent preparing and eating well balanced and artfully prepared meals. And going back to what I posted the other day, even if you consume a few too many calories, and you are a little overweight, if you eat nutritious food and move your body, you will be healthy.
These http://smittenkitchen.com/2011/11/dijon-braised-brussels-sprouts/ were awesome!

No comments: