Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday


Workout:
50 pushups
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Deadlift
clean
50 pushups
Go heavy on this one. Aim for 1 1/2 BW deadlift and 3/4 BW clean. I expect this workout to take a while, this isn't one of those "blow through it in 10-12 minutes" ones!
I'm doing a bit of "do as I say, not as I do here", but please don't ignore a pain in your body that may be an injury. If you have pain during a workout (I'm not talking about tired screaming muscles pain here, I'm talking about...ouch...damn that hurts pain) your body is giving you a valid warning signal! I know it is tough to rest just when you think you are starting to make great gains, but taking 4-5 months off to recover from a serious injury is not any fun either! Your muscles have memory and you will return to your former level of strength very quickly after a week or two of rest. If you have an injury do not push it! If your body is telling you....ouch...stop that! Listen!

No comments: