Saturday, March 20, 2010

This is deeply personal and not fitness related so disregard if you're here for fitness info

I can take physical pain....bring it on! My back hurts 24/7...no big deal. I've had surgeries, injuries....I almost look forward to conquering the pain. But........

Emotional pain is not my domain....losing someone I love, relationships not being intact, sad situations, bad feelings....I'm not so good at that. Total freaking wimp I am. This has been a tough week. I love Dede and almost losing her has been very hard. Thank God her situation is looking hopeful!

I just want to thank everyone who was here, who offered words of encouragement, and was strong when I couldn't be. Paul and Jessica, who had the presence of mind to run out to the end of the driveway to make sure the ambulance knew where to pull in.....Sandy and Eric and Ariel for getting barbells and cars out of the way, Vicki and Andrew for saving Dede's life, for everyone who knew what their job was at the time without being asked. For everyone who has spent time in prayer, who has called, sent e-mails and offered their support!

When I started this whole training people thing I never expected how much I would become emotionally invested in the people who come here. It is challenging my weaknesses and I just want to say....keep training me hard friends! I need it and whether or not I intended to I have formed an emotional bond with all of you.

No comments: