Thursday, August 14, 2008

Performance

I've been told I'm "scary". I have been described as part sadist,
part cheerleader. Ok. I am a little intense and I am passionate about fitness and health, but I have never killed anyone and athletes (we are ALL athletes here) who train here are always VERY happy after a workout. (After they catch their breath ;).
We have some athletes here who started CrossFit in a very deconditioned state who are now accomplishing amazing things. Former couch potatoes who are running and deadlifting their bodyweight. Gym class flunkies who are doing pull ups.
CrossFit is very basic, functional movements that are entirely scalable to any fitness level and if you train consistently you will get stronger, more flexible, have improved balance and coordination, less fatigue, and accomplish tasks in your everyday life more easily. Yes, you will also look better naked, but that is not our focus. Our focus is on what you can do. We record your weights lifted and time it takes you to complete a workout. We can measure improvement. Performance.

No comments: