Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It's all fun and games til someone gets poked in the eye with a stick

I've done this before, and I'm going to do it again.

I'm sending the Mr. Stopwatch and Mr. PR on a long vacation. While they are drinking Margaritas with their feet in the sand, Mr. Perfect Form and Mr. Mobility Work are going to be in charge for awhile.

Mr. Breathing Hard and  Mr. Sweating will still be here, so don't think you aren't going to have to work hard.

What I really want is more time to coach you and with Mr. Perfect Form and Mr. Mobility Work in charge, I can have that. Stopwatch and PR were always fighting with me and Matt for your attention.
When Stopwatch and PR's come back from vacation they will be amazed to see how you've improved under the supervision of Perfect Form and Mobility Work!

Ok, that was kind of cutesy and stupid, but what I'm really trying to say is that correct movement patterns are VERY important and it is worth it to stop competing for awhile and take the time to make your movements more efficient and healthy.

Note: PR is coming back on April 22 to supervise at the WNPF Powerlifting meet.

Had a visit from Crossfit Fairport trainers, Gina Nicolosi and Mary Connolly today! I just love it when they stop by to play! It's like this strong old ladies sisterhood kind of thing. We had fun playing with the atlas stones, tire dragging and farmer's handles, and then shared a very healthy lunch at Wegman's.

Speaking of perfecting your form....Heather did some beautiful ATG front squats today with nearly perfect form! She didn't think she could squat, but with a few weeks of dedicated work she got there!

Morning folks! Laurie is back and kicking butt as usual! So nice to have you back with us Laurie!

Ryan met an important goal this week! Benched 225 for 15! Nice work Ryan!


Mary, my strong sister!


Gina, my strong sister!

No comments: