Monday, November 7, 2011

Fantastic weather





What a beautiful day, and several more in the forcast!
I was very pleased with the efforts today! Nice progress on cleans and some solid lifting!
I was feeling really good about my squat workout this morning until I watched some video of the European World's Weightlifting this afternoon and saw some very tiny women clean and jerk more weight than I can even dead lift! Very humbling, impressive and inspiring.
Then I thought:
I will probably not be a world champion. I'm ok with that. I lift consistently. I'm making progress. I'm better than I was before. I'm going to keep lifting. I'm going to encourage everyone I know to lift. It is very nice to be strong.
Celebrate every little PR. Don't let the bad days get you down. Keep lifting.

No comments: