Saturday, November 12, 2011

Stronger is better


Most of us here at the barn aren't too terribly worried about being beat up, but this is still a great motivational article!
There are definite benefits to being strong. I had a conversation with Mary Barber and Gina Nicolosi on Friday about whether or not we were strong or just lazy for picking up 15 bags of groceries out of our carts at Wegmans so we didn't have to walk the cart back. I prefer to think of it as efficiency with time management. Lazy or not, being strong gives you the choice! Most people can't walk 100# of groceries 150 ft. to their car.
I took a CPR class today. How much more helpful am I to someone in distress if I have the strength and energy to continue CPR longer than the average person because I have trained to keep my muscles strong and done sprints, and rows, and agonizing conditioning workouts to enhance my endurance.
Most of us train to look better, let us be honest, but a very nice side effect, is that we are ever so much more useful human beings to our family, friends and community. And that is just awesome.

No comments: