Saturday, November 19, 2011

Philosophicals

What bothers me way more than the wrinkles and thinning skin, the aches and pains, and all of the weird body ailments that accompanies this menopausal state is the decreased patience I seem to have. Things that 10 years ago just rolled off my back, irritate the crap out of me now.
My husband or my son, arriving unexpectedly when I'm cleaning the kitchen drives me crazy! Today I handled it better, at least that's what they said. I told them that the kitchen really wasn't in a state for them to prepare lunch and suggested they get lunch at Wegmans and do the shopping while they were there. I didn't have to do the shopping, more kitchen cleaning got done, and the boys had some bonding time at Wegmans. I think that is what they call win-win!
If only I could be that creative in every situation!
Since this week is the Thanksgiving holiday, I am going to try really hard to have a grateful heart. I am so blessed. I have 3 gorgeous and fascinating children. I have parents who are better than the Cleavers. I have an awesome sister and brother. I have a handsome husband who works hard and loves me. I have friends and family and aquaintences who enrich my life. I have the best gym on the planet (ok maybe that's an exaggeration, but it's pretty cool!). I am strong and healthy. My family is strong and healthy. I have a comfortable home. I can afford nutritious food. I have a lot to be thankful for.
Minor annoyances be damned! I'm going to have a grateful week!
Good luck to our hunters! Get some of those car destroying vermit off the road!
Schedule: Normal 8-10 AM and 4-7 PM Monday - Wednesday. Closed Thursday. Friday 4-7 and Saturday 8-11 with Matt!

No comments: