Friday, February 27, 2009

News from Ariel

Hi Bethany!
How is the weather treating you at home? Has it given you a reprieve from the snow? Heading down through VA and NC it was such a treat when I could finally turn off the heater and open the windows. New Orleans was a blast and I hung out in the french quarter and listened to some awesome music for the one night I stayed over.. I was too early for Mardi Gras but still had a really fun time, and people were getting ready for it when I was there. I'm in TX right now visiting family and it's really warm and lovely....80 and I'm in shorts loving every minute. It's going to be a challenge in a few days to head back northward to Colorado, but I'm excited about meeting the other girls and finally starting the study.

How's the gym and all the regulars? Say hi for me to the morning crew and JP, too. :) I've been pretty good about working out myself (besides a little break while I was here, haha), but still having a blast with it. I was thinking about getting some weights though too so I could do more of the workouts on your site. I was thinking a 30# wt. for dumb bell swings, and a pair of 12# wts. for DB clean and jerks, etc. Do you think those are good weights? I remember I used 12# for the manmakers on one of the last workouts at home, but couldn't recall what I'd used other times. Our Wal-Mart in Geneseo didn't carry weights when I looked last time, but I've seen some around here so I was going to try and pick some up on the way up to Colorado.

Before I get to Walden I'll be visiting a friend in Colorado Springs for a few days and I'm sure there'll be someplace there to get them. I learned that the first day in Walden we'll be setting up our own observation towers. I thought they were permenant structures within the park but it's not so apparently. I'll try to snag the one that *doesn't* face north to keep out of the wind, haha.

Hope you're doing great and that bit of a cold you had has finally departed.
Take care and I'll talk to you later,
Ariel

No comments: