Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Good day, Lori rocks, and fun with lunges, sit ups and medicine balls


Lori texted me before she even left the emergency room wondering if she could continue training with a broken foot. We won't go into details about how this foot came to be broken, but let's just say it is definitely not CrossFit related and may or may not be alcohol related ;).
My answer to her was, "Absolutely!!"
There are several reasons to continue training with an injury.
1. Only the affected extremity needs rest. The rest of the body can be trained and we can adapt the workouts to accomodate the injury.
2. The human body is pretty damn clever and if you train one side, the other also gets stronger! How cool is that?? Lori can make her left leg stronger while it heals by using her right leg!
3. If you don't come in for workouts you will really miss all of your friends!

My favorite baby boy stopped by to see me today! His dad came in to do my birthday WOD because he's going to be out of town on my birthday. He killed it btw Coop
Chase just keeps getting cuter and cuter. He had yours truly and Courtney completely wrapped around his little finger before he left.

No comments: