Monday, August 24, 2009

Just another day at CrossFit Geneseo



The coolest most awesome people work out here! Casey got a 6 round PR on Cindy to take back to college with him later this week and Dad gave me quite a scare..ask me about it! Also pictured..Courtney "Rock Star" Brown and the "Super Cool Afternoon Chicas"

Got this note from E. yesterday. Some of you may remember her as she used to be one of us before she moved to Albany. She is still a very dear friend of CrossFit Geneseo and I love her!

Hi Bethany,

I think I told you that on October 4, 2009, I will be hiking Mount Marcy via the Van Hoevenberg trail in the Adirondacks to raise money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS).

The mission of LLS is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and to improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS has dedicated itself to being one of the top-rated voluntary health agencies in terms of dollars that directly fund their mission.

I am raising money in honor my aunt and godmother, Byrdie Metcalf. In April of 2008, Byrdie was diagnosed with Leukemia. After a short but aggressive fight, she died that June during her treatment. Sadly, this is not the only impact cancer has on my family. My aunt Marion died of cancer in 2004, my mother and grandmother have survived cancer, and many other family and friends have been affected by various forms of cancer. Needless to say, supporting foundations such as LLS is important to me.My fundraising goal is $2000.00.

I was wondering if the athletes of Crossfit Geneseo would be willing to contribute $1 each towards a Crossfit Geneseo contribution to my hike. Donations can be made through my website http://pages.teamintraining.org/uny/GrtAHike09/ebliss. Your athletes should all know that in addition to hiking every Sunday to train for this, I am crossfitting three times a week at Crossfit Saratoga.I am excited to be able to do this – for myself, for Byrdie, and for the estimated 139,860 people who will be diagnosed with leukemia, lymphoma, or myeloma in 2009.

Warmest regards,

Elizabeth

No comments: