Monday, March 24, 2008

I love my job!


I love what I do! I have so much fun and it is so cool. We had great workouts this morning. I love my 5AM group! They are so cool! Dan Hubbard from Vermont is in the area visiting family and joined us a 6 AM for my version of FGB (I don't have any rowers yet) then came back a little later and worked on his overhead squats. He got 5# over body weight! Yeah! He also got some video of me doing a #145 back squat...I know it doesn't sound impressive but it was a personal record for me! Hope to have that video posted in a few days. Over the weekend Craig and I also got PR's on the deadlift! Craig - 375#, me - 195#
Katie was in today for a workout too. She is doing great!
Lisbeth Darsh of CrossFit Watertown responds to yesterdays NYT article by Virginia Heffernan I posted a link to yesterday....and found by Geneseo crossfitter Cindy Schmitt.
CrossFit: Preparing for Imagined Moments of Heroism
Let’s hope that Virginia Heffernan is right and we’re wrong. Let’s hope, like she writes in her New York Times article (God's Workout), that we CrossFitters are preparing for "an imagined moment of heroism that may never come." May all of our efforts at achieving a fighting level of General Physical Preparedness (GPP) just be the result of succumbing to ridiculous hyperbole designed to make us buy into Greg Glassman’s crazy dream of bringing people home alive. Let’s hope (outside of the military, fire, and law enforcement personnel among us) that we civilians and desk jockeys never once have to use physical strength to survive in this world.
That’s a big hope.

No comments: