Saturday, March 22, 2008

What motivates you to work out?


The answer is probably at least slightly different for everyone and there isn't really a wrong answer, but I think it's important to think about what motivates us. Is it the desire to look better naked? Is it the desire to be able to play with your grandchildren? Is it your desire to win the race? Lift heavier weight? Bragging rights? Being with other people? For me...it's a bit of a combination of all of these, but I think my biggest motivation (and anyone who knows me will not be surprised by this) is to have fun! It may not be very noble, but at 44 I'm probably not going to change! I want to have fun all of the time. Most of my decisions are based on which option will be the most fun. I crossfit because it's fun! Yes, it makes me stronger, faster, more flexible, more powerful, better coordinated, improves my cardio-respiratory status, balance, agility, and I think it has made me look better naked, but I do it mostly because it's fun!


I think Krista Scott-Dixon says it better than I..................


the play's the thing

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious!—(Unknown)
Raise your hand if you have trouble finding motivation to go to the gym.
Now raise your hand if you have trouble finding motivation to goof off, screw around, be silly, and have fun.
Unless your acquaintances secretly refer to you as "Captain Buzzkill and the Bringdowns", you probably have a taste for pointless enjoyment, otherwise known as play. In both humans and animals, play is serious business. It teaches skills used in adult life, builds motor coordination, alleviates boredom, enables the player to try out new things without serious consequence, and provides opportunities for unstructured learning.
to read the rest get thee to http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/displayarticle.php?aid=71

these are good!
http://crossfitwatertown.typepad.com/index/2008/03/top-10-rejected.html

Crossfit on the NYT blog
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/23/magazine/23wwln-medium-t.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1
Katie Update!
Kate completed her Week 3 of Crossfit workouts!! She made it here 4 times this week and worked very hard. She is already much stronger and feeling and using muscles she didn't know she had. She and Michelle beat Sandy and I in a Vegas workout yesterday!

No comments: