Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hips back!!


In the first picture Ariel has her hips back, weight in the heels and barbell balanced over her mid foot. Everything is lined up correctly and this squat went well. In the second picture her hips are not back, she has come up on her toes and her knees are way ahead of her toes. Every thing is out of balance and she has to struggle to get up without falling. She made it but it wasn't pretty. The hips have got to be back.

YOGA
There are only 3 more free yoga classes! This Wednesday at 7 and next Tuesday and Wednesday at 7. If you've ever wanted to give yoga a try this is your opportunity! I've taken 3 of the classes and I must say that by the third one I am noticing a difference in my flexiblity and awareness of how I am moving my body and am definitely thinking about making yoga a regular part of my routine. Yoga moves a little slow for us crossfitters...there is no stopwatch! But it is way more interesting than plain old stretching and we all need to stretch!

No comments: